MEDIA | MULTIMEDIA CLIPS
- Paper: An economic analysis of changing from logging native forests to forests products of more intrinsic value. Dr Ro Beaumont. 18.03.2018.
- Submissions: to the Environment Protection Authority and the Department of Primary Industries from the south east regions.
- Submission: to the Department of Primary Industries from the Great Southern Forest on why native forest logging should end in south east NSW.
- Article: Another 20 years of woodchipping our forests — yes or no?" Paul Payten. The Triangle. 02.2018.
- Report: Questioning Application of Procedural Justice Principles in the NSW Government’s Regional Forest Agreement Public Submission Process. Dr Bronte Somerset. SERCA. 30.01.2018.
- Report: ABC reporting false claim that koalas are not at risk without allowing acknowledged experts the right of reply?>
No right of reply for koalas: ABC repeats The Australian's junk science. Sue Arnold. Independent Australia. 07.12.2017. Content from GSF mentioned.
- Response from Professor Frank Carrick to ABC Radio National Exec. Producer Sheryle Bagwell Re Misleading Interview Relating to Koala Populations. 04.12.2017
- Podcast: Beyond Zero Emissions Radio Podcast. Discussion about scientists measuring the carbon stock, citizens battling the pulp mill, visionaries with maps of the linked up forests of south east NSW.
Speakers and panelists:
Paul Payten, Great Southern Forest Alliance;
Dr Heather Keith, The Fenner School of Environment and Society A.N.U.;
Steve Meacher, The Great Forest National Park; and,
Daisy Barham, Nature Conservation Council of N.S.W. 30.10.2017
- Interview: with Chris Allen on About Regional with Ian Campbell. When there are only 50 left, every koala counts. Chris Allen, OEH. 18.10.2017
- Campaign update: South East Forests. National Parks Association Far South Coast Branch. Kim Taysom and Dave Gallan. 10.2017
- Presentation: A New Approach to State Forests to Bega Valley Shire Council by Dr Rosemary Beaumont. Bega District News. 01.09.2017.
- Letter: From The Environment Protection Authority. 05.08.2017
- Article: Forests Not Woodlots Green Agenda. Margaret Blakers. 07.2017
- Article: It is Everyone's Forests Green Agenda. Dr Rosemary Beaumont. 06.2017
- Carbon: Native forests can help hit emissions targets – if we leave them alone. Avoiding logging in native forests could earn Australia millions of extra carbon credits. The Conversation, David Lindenmayer and Brendan Mackey. 23.07.2015
- Carbon: Profits from forests? Leave the trees standing. Financially, using the NSW Southern Forestry Region for carbon credits is a better option than continued harvesting. The Conversation, Andrew Macintosh. 09.06.2013
- Media Release: Conserving Critical Wildlife Refugia in Our Native Forests. B.Somerset. 16.02.2017
- Letter: To The Hon Mark Speakman. GSF Steering Group. 01.12.2016
- Letter: To The Hon Mike Baird, MP
Premier of New South Wales. Prof. Don White, NCC. 14.12.2016
- Letter: To The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull, MP
Prime Minister. Prof. Don White, NCC. 14.12.2016
- Endorsement: The Nature Conservation Council of NSW endorses the Great Southern Forest proposal for the NSW and Federal Governments. See extract of Minutes. 22-23 Oct 2016.
- Media Release: Finally Solving Forest Conflict—Forest Management for Carbon. National Parks Association. 23.11.2016
- Briefing Paper: Climate opportunities in Tasmania’s forests. May. 2016. The Wilderness Society's document similarly proposes using carbon for native forest protection.
- Research: Report on surveys conducted in 2012-2014 for Koalas in coastal forests in the Bermagui/Mumbulla area of South eastern NSW. Chris Allen, Rod Pietsch, Michael Saxon. OEH. January 2016
- Media Release: South East State Forests Floral Reserve. Dave Gallan, Kim Taysom. 01.03.2016.
- Article: The Koala Trade from the Endangered Species Handbook. A history of the appalling koala pelt trade from Australia. In 1927 Preident Hoover banned their import to the US. "...and [by 1990s] in New South Wales, the government uses taxpayer money to destroy habitat and fight lawsuits" - not much has changed - there is still inadequate protection here. This is a truly terrible story - no wonder we have almost none left in SE NSW.
- Visit from NPA HO: NPA Far South Coast Branch's welcome to Head Office visitors. 4-5.06.2015.
- Interview: Q&A with Environment Minister Greg Hunt. Re Measuring logging & burning emissions from State Forests under RFAs and ‘national landscape connectivity’ opportunities. Mike Thompson. Nature.Net. 06.05.2015.
- Media item: GREAT SOUTHERN KOALA FOREST on drawing board for state. Emily Barton. BayPost Moruya. 23.04.2015
- Media Release:
John Marsh, Manager of Animal Welfare, Potoroo Palace Native Animal Education Sanctuary. 22.05.2015
- Media Release: Bold New Plan to Save Australia’s Rarest Koalas. SERCA. 03.2015
- Letter: To The Hon. Robert Gordon Stokes, MP, Minister for the Environment
cc: The Hon. Luke Foley, MLC, Shadow Minister for the Environment and Climate Change; Mr David Shoebridge, MLC, Greens Member of the NSW Parliament. Prue Acton, Bronte Somerset. 14.12.2014.