MEDIA | MULTIMEDIA CLIPS
- National Parks Association Far South Coast Branch South East Forests campaign update from our colleagues. Kim Taysom and Dave Gallan. 10.2017
- Presentation: A New Approach to State Forests to Bega Valley Shire Council by Dr Rosemary Beaumont. Bega District News. 01.09.2017.
- Letter: From The Environment Protection Authority. 05.08.2017
- Article: Forests Not Woodlots Green Agenda. Margaret Blakers. 07.2017
- Article: It is Everyone's Forests Green Agenda. Dr Rosemary Beaumont. 06.2017
- Carbon: Native forests can help hit emissions targets – if we leave them alone. Avoiding logging in native forests could earn Australia millions of extra carbon credits. The Conversation, David Lindenmayer and Brendan Mackey. 23.07.2015
- Carbon: Profits from forests? Leave the trees standing. Financially, using the NSW Southern Forestry Region for carbon credits is a better option than continued harvesting. The Conversation, Andrew Macintosh. 09.06.2013
- Media Release: Conserving Critical Wildlife Refugia in Our Native Forests. B.Somerset. 16.02.2017
- Letter: To The Hon Mark Speakman. GSF Steering Group. 01.12.2016
- Letter: To The Hon Mike Baird, MP
Premier of New South Wales. Prof. Don White, NCC. 14.12.2016
- Letter: To The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull, MP
Prime Minister. Prof. Don White, NCC. 14.12.2016
- Endorsement: The Nature Conservation Council of NSW endorses the Great Southern Forest proposal for the NSW and Federal Governments. See extract of Minutes. 22-23 Oct 2016.
- Media Release: Finally Solving Forest Conflict—Forest Management for Carbon. National Parks Association. 23.11.2016
- Briefing Paper: Climate opportunities in Tasmania’s forests. May. 2016. The Wilderness Society's document similarly proposes using carbon for native forest protection.
- Research: Report on surveys conducted in 2012-2014 for Koalas in coastal forests in the Bermagui/Mumbulla area of South eastern NSW. Chris Allen, Rod Pietsch, Michael Saxon. OEH. January 2016
- Media Release: South East State Forests Floral Reserve. Dave Gallan, Kim Taysom. 01.03.2016.
- Article: The Koala Trade from the Endangered Species Handbook. A history of the appalling koala pelt trade from Australia. In 1927 Preident Hoover banned their import to the US. "...and [by 1990s] in New South Wales, the government uses taxpayer money to destroy habitat and fight lawsuits" - not much has changed - there is still inadequate protection here. This is a truly terrible story - no wonder we have almost none left in SE NSW.
- Visit from NPA HO: NPA Far South Coast Branch's welcome to Head Office visitors. 4-5.06.2015.
- Interview: Q&A with Environment Minister Greg Hunt. Re Measuring logging & burning emissions from State Forests under RFAs and ‘national landscape connectivity’ opportunities. Mike Thompson. Nature.Net. 06.05.2015.
- Media item: GREAT SOUTHERN KOALA FOREST on drawing board for state. Emily Barton. BayPost Moruya. 23.04.2015
- Media Release:
John Marsh, Manager of Animal Welfare, Potoroo Palace Native Animal Education Sanctuary. 22.05.2015
- Media Release: Bold New Plan to Save Australia’s Rarest Koalas. SERCA. 03.2015
- Letter: To The Hon. Robert Gordon Stokes, MP, Minister for the Environment
cc: The Hon. Luke Foley, MLC, Shadow Minister for the Environment and Climate Change; Mr David Shoebridge, MLC, Greens Member of the NSW Parliament. Prue Acton, Bronte Somerset. 14.12.2014.